Ovral L Tablet is a medicine used for contraception (to prevent pregnancy) and in the treatment of irregular periods. It helps to prevent the release of the egg and its fertilization by the sperm.
Ovral L Tablet can be taken with or without food, but take it at the same time to get the most benefit. It should be taken as per your doctor’s advice. You will have to take the pill on day one of your menstrual cycle and continue taking it for a whole month. Once the pack gets over, start with a new one. If you experience vomiting within 4 hours of dose intake, take another tablet. In case you missed your dose and you are late by 12 hours in taking the missed dose, use a condom during intercourse for a period of 2 days.
Nausea, headache, and breast pain are some commonly seen side effects of this medicine. If these bother you or appear serious, let your doctor know. There may be ways of reducing or preventing them. You might experience spotting or bleeding between menstrual periods or missed periods. Consult with your doctor if this occurs frequently or persists longer. Inform your doctor if you notice swelling and pain in your limbs, shortness of breath, chest pain, or changes in vision, as it may be a sign of a blood clot.
Before taking this medicine, let your doctor know if you smoke and are over 35, or if you have ever had a heart attack or have cancer of the uterus/cervix, or vagina. Your doctor should also know about all other medicines you are taking as many of these may make this medicine less effective or change the way it works. Do not take the medicine if you are pregnant already or breastfeeding.
USES OF OVRAL L TABLET
BENEFITS OF OVRAL L TABLET
SIDE EFFECTS OF OVRAL L TABLET
Common side effects of Ovral L
- Breast pain
- Abdominal pain
- Weight gain
HOW TO USE OVRAL L TABLET
HOW OVRAL L TABLET WORKS
WHAT IF YOU FORGET TO TAKE OVRAL L TABLET?
- Your doctor has prescribed Ovral L Tablet to help you prevent pregnancy.
- It also results in lighter, less painful and more regular menstrual bleeding.
- Take your pill at the same time every day to help you remember to take it.
- You may experience menstrual irregularities such as spotting or bleeding between menstrual periods or missed periods. Consult your doctor if this persists.
- Do not use Ovral L Tablet if you are obese, over 35, smoke, on prolonged bed rest or have a history of blood clots.
- Stop taking this medicine and inform your doctor immediately if you notice unexplained swelling and pain in your limbs, shortness of breath, chest pain or changes in vision. These could be symptoms of a blood clot in a vein.
There are no reviews yet.